Phones and Gadgets??? We got it here...

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Last Airbender: Will this be the last?

Water... Earth... Fire... Air...



"Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only the Avatar master of all four elements could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A 100 years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an air bender named Aang. And although his air bending skills were great, he has a lot to learn before he could save anyone. But I believe, Aang can save the world."


This has been clinging my head every time when I remember the cartoon series that had stuck me for days just to finish the whole story. A story that really gave me laughs and sometimes teary eyed moments. It started when my very close friends introduced this cartoon series when he was watching it. Since that I'm not fond anymore to cartoons, I was too hesitant to watch it every time they invite me to do so.


Book 1: WATER; Book 2: EARTH and Book 3: FIRE


After the painstaking Book 1: Water, then the humorous Book 2: Earth, a much serious Book 3: Fire and the sighs of the last battle. All was worth for watching, until the my expectations come true when I knew that this will be a movie for the Summer of 2010. Too much of my waiting since last year, I researched every detail of what could be the movie look like. Will the cast be great? Will the bending effects be perfect? Will the four nations that real? It built so much curiosity that I watched trailers and spoilers on Youtube every day.


Characters from the movie The Last Airbender (top-bottom) Noah Ringer as Aang; Dev Patel as Prince Zuko; Nicole Peltz as Kitara; and Jackson Rathbone as Sokka. Do they have similarities?

Then the time has come, the showing of The Last Airbender. The movie did not went to where I was expecting. It was too short as if you were just watching the trailer. Though to my understanding that we cannot fit the 20 chapters of Book 1: Water; that just lasted for an hour and 45 minutes. The movie went so fast, that you can't appreciate almost everything. I had read some reviews from some reliable sources and most of them were die-hard fans of the cartoon series which were really disappointed with the movie's outcome.



Though the movie will also be shown in 3D, I would suggest to watch it first in 2D then decide if it is better in 3D. So much of the criticisms, the effects were really great to watch. It was really like bending. Though the casts were not really that attached to the movie itself, as if they were just plainly acting. There are a lot of differences if you would really compare it to the cartoon series, but here's the fact, don't give comments if you haven't watched it in cartoons because your opinions are just too far from reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment